Indice del forum

Filosofeggiando - Il forum degli studenti della Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia di Palermo

Aula Virtuale degli studenti della Facolta di Lettere e Filosofia di Palermo

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

“They were huge components of our team and our success and o
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Lezioni
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
hfy962464

italy
MessaggioInviato: Mer Ago 01, 2018 4:17 am    Oggetto:  “They were huge components of our team and our success and o
Descrizione:

GLENDALE, Ariz.
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
. -- The Los Angeles Dodgers signed Cuban shortstop Erisbel Arruebarrena to a $25 million, five-year contract Saturday. "We think he adds to our major league club at some point this year," Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said. The Dodgers had been negotiating with Arruebarrena for several days. The 23-year-old infielder defected from Cuba last fall, establishing residency in Haiti. He has been working out in the Dominican Republic, according to the Colletti. Colletti said Arruebarrena still has to acquire a work visa. "Well get him as soon as we can get him here," Colletti said. "We need to see him on an everyday basis." Arruebarrena was a teammate of Yasiel Puigs in the Cuban League from 2010-11. He is touted for his defence but Colletti said his offence still needs work. Still, Arruebarrena was starting shortstop for Cuba in the 2013 World Baseball Classic and batted .375 with four runs and two RBIs in six games. "Offensively, hes a work in progress," Colletti said. "Hes got power. Thats the part of his game that probably needs to get better. But his defence is good enough that it was worth signing him. We signed him for the defensive part, knowing that he can play the middle of the diamond at a very high level. And, theres some offensive ability there that well try to fine tune." Arruebarrena joins Puig and Alex Guererro as three Cubans signed by the Dodgers in the past two years. Los Angeles also drafted pitcher Onelki Garcia in 2012. He defected to the United States in 2010. Puig said he has known Arruebarrena since he was 9-years-old and their families are acquainted. Through an interpreter, Puig said through a translator that their families know each other. He called Arruebarrena good player. Hanley Ramirez goes into 2014 as the Dodgers starting shortstop. Colletti, however, said that Ramirez would be willing to move to third base at some point. Arruebarrena has played third and second base. "But we see him as a shortstop," Colletti said of Arruebarrena. The contract includes a $7.5 million signing bonus. His salaries will be $1.5 million this year, $3 million in 2015, $4 million in 2016 and 2017, and $5 million in 2018.
. -- Having already fallen behind because of the NFL lockout, Blaine Gabbert couldnt afford a lengthy holdout.
.C. -- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe is resigning after 13 seasons at the school.
. - The New England Patriots needed help on defence so they added three experienced players at midseason.Coming off a season in which he led the Toronto Maple Leafs to their first playoff berth in eight seasons, it would have been easy for goaltender James Reimer to take the acquisition of Jonathan Bernier personally, instead Reimer says hes looking forward to the competition and intends to support the former Kings backup as much as he can. “First and foremost we wear the same jersey, so youre a good guy, youre a good teammate and you look out for your teammates, but aside from that, both of us are going to want to be the starter and definitely I want to keep that and want to be the guy for our team and be the guy that wins us a cup,” Reimer said. “Thatll add some good competition and hopefully we can push each other and pile up a lot of wins for our team.” Speaking with Gareth Wheeler Wednesday on Blue Lunch on TSN 1050, the 25-year-old incumbent said hes focused on winning the no. 1 job, but it wont be at the expense of undermining his teammate. “Its really important to get along,” Reimer said. “I think when you do and you play similar and youre on the same page, I think it gives you another set of eyes, almost like a goalie coach sitting on the bench watching you play every game.” Despite battling through a strained MCL which caused him to miss seven games, the fourth-year pro posted the best save percentage and goals against marks of his career. Having to battle his way up from the AHL and East Coast League, Reimer is used to having to prove his worth to coaches and management. “It shouldnt really matter whos behind you or whos ahead of you when you step onto the icce and youre the guy in net, you want to stop as many pucks as possible and thats the kind of mentality Ill take,” he said.
. Coming off the teams first playoff appearance since prior to the 2004-05 lockout, GM Dave Nonis took an active approach in the off-season adding forwards Dave Bolland and David Clarkson in addition to Bernier. “Theyll bring a lot to our team, obviously being from the Toronto area that adds a little jump in their step,” Reimer said of the Mimico natives. “Anytime youre playing in front of family and friends its an extra boost…Theyre great universal players that can play in many different situations.” Possessing an ability to play a two-way game as well as having an element of toughness is something which should allow the Leafs to better compete with the upper-echelon teams in the Conference according to Reimer. “You look at the top teams in the league who have been successful over the last couple of years and theyre gritty, hard-working teams and when you go into their barn you know itd going to be a battle.” Although Nonis was comfortable spending big dollars to sign Clarkson and Tyler Bozak, he has yet to come to terms with restricted free agents Nazem Kadri and Cody Franson. For his part, Reimer hopes the sides can come together, saying both Franson and Kadri were a “big part of our success (last season). “They were huge components of our team and our success and obviously as a fellow teammate you and them to get a fair price because thats what they deserve and thats what theyve earned.”
' ' '
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Mer Ago 01, 2018 4:17 am    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Lezioni Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: