Indice del forum

Filosofeggiando - Il forum degli studenti della Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia di Palermo

Aula Virtuale degli studenti della Facolta di Lettere e Filosofia di Palermo

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

year and a half, shes won five time
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Lezioni
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
hfy962464

italy
MessaggioInviato: Mer Ago 01, 2018 4:06 am    Oggetto:  year and a half, shes won five time
Descrizione:

FIVE QUICK NBA HOOPS THOUGHTS Happy Holidays to all.
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
. May each of you have a wonderful Holiday Season. Lets chat some hoops. 1. JOSE CALDERON (Mavericks): Loved what I saw from him last Friday night in Dallas. Tremendous confidence right now in his shooting which sets the table for his screen and roll game. Playing in the back court with Monta Ellis has opened up his game and having a future Hall of Famer in Dirk Nowitzki to attract double teams is ideal for him. Good landing spot for him. 2. MARCO BELINELLI (Spurs): Another former Raptor. Boy, the Bulls could sure use him now with their offensive woes. Terrific pickup for his new team. Hes got three-point shooting ability and nifty creativity off the bounce. Good competitor that fits the best System team in the league. Isnt it amazing? The Spurs always find a way to add a guy who makes sense for their team. They know what theyre doing. 3. JOHN SALMONS (Raptors): Its funny how guys grow on you when you see them at work each day. I have a better appreciation of his game up close. Always respected his scoring punch yet never appreciated how smart a player he is. He is a sound defender and can create scoring chances for teammates. Heady and capable player. 4. ARRON AFFLALO (Magic): His name gets tossed around in trade talks yet he produces. A steady combo guard who has good versatility in his game. Like him. Energetic guy who can put pressure on defences. If youre looking to add a third guard on a very good team hes an ideal guy to target. 5. JEREMY LAMB (Thunder): Scott Brooks now has more firepower off his bench with Reggie Jackson and this guy. Shooting right around 40 per cent from three-point range and is getting more confident in playing in the lane with physical contact. Uses screens well and moves without the ball with a purpose. Big part of the James Harden trade for GM Sam Presti. Hes slowing his game down, reading situations better and becoming more efficient. Hes going to be an important piece to their success as this season progresses.
.C. -- The Bobcats announced theyve signed centre Justin Hamilton to a 10-day contract.
.FIFA said its appeals panel ruled the case not admissible.The former U.S. Attorney had objected to ethics judge Joachim Eckerts summary of the World Cup bid investigation, claiming numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of his work.
. The 26-year-old Regina native teamed up with Denny Morrison and Mathieu Giroux to win gold in 2010. Makowsky also was 13th in the 5,000 metres and 19th in the 1,500m in Vancouver. He also represented Canada at the 2014 Games in Sochi, helping the pursuit team finish fourth and finishing 28th in the 1,500.WATERLOO, Ontario - This time, Stacy Lewis says, shes going to take some time to savour being the best female golfer in the world. This time, shes going to be more prepared. And this time, shes hoping it lasts a little longer. "It feels good to be back at No. 1," said Lewis, who is in Waterloo, Ont., at the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic looking for her third win of the season. "I only got four weeks there last year so Im looking forward to hopefully spending a little bit more time there." Lewis took over the No. 1 spot on the world rankings last week when she won her second tournament of the year, the Shoprite LPGA Classic, surpassing Inbee Park. It marked the second time the native of Toledo, Ohio found herself on the top of womens golf, but last time it came as more of a surprise. Not this time around. "Obviously I knew all the scenarios," she said. "I knew what would happen." Getting another win this week wouldnt be out of the question. Lewis, who is sponsored by Manulife, has finished tied for sixth in each of the past two years at Grey Silo. The tournament has proved to be a birdie-fest in its short life – last years winning score was 26-under -- and Lewis just happens to have made 209 of those this year, more than any other player on tour. Of course beyond the wins and the losses and the birdies and bogeys, her story is an inspirational one. She wasnt a great junior player, wasnt the top golfer on her high school team and wasnt heavily recruited by colleges, ending up playing for the University of Arkansas. Oh and there was the scoliosis. For seven and a half years, she wore a back brace for 18 hours a day, hoping to correct the curvature in her spine. After that, she underwent surgery to put in a stainless steel rod and five screws to hold her spinne in place.
. Golf? She was told she might not even walk again. (Click here to visit Lewis web site and see X-rays of her back pre and post operation) Not a week goes by on tour when she doesnt receive a thank you for being a shining example, or hear a story from someone else in a similar position to her. She encourages them, supports them and even keeps in touch with a number, some of whom arent even golfers. So being atop the world ranking is something special for the ever-smiling, cheery Razorback. "I want to be in this position, I want to be No. 1 in the world and I want to raise the bar," she said. "I want to show people how good we are out here. By me playing good golf, it forces everyone else to play some good golf too." Good golf is something Lewis has been doing for some time now. In the last year and a half, shes won five times and posted 29 top-10 finishes. In the last three and a half years, shes banked more than $6 million. This year? Two victories and 10 top-10s in 12 starts. Despite that, shes pretty low key. The only reward shes splurged on since she joined the LPGA Tour was a new car she bought with the first cheque she made back in 2008 – its a car she still drives. But sitting atop the golf world this time around will be different; shes going to drink it all in and enjoy it, for as long at it lasts. "You know, I think this time Im going to try to embrace it," Lewis said. "I dont want to say theres pressure – I put enough pressure on myself already so I dont need to worry about the rankings. If I stay there for four or 20 or 50 weeks, whatever it is, any time you spend at No. 1 in the world its going to be great." The way shes playing, you can probably expect to see Lewis on top for some time to come.
' ' '
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Mer Ago 01, 2018 4:06 am    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Lezioni Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: